Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T-J T-J is offline

Default How do i combine a lookup and a sumif formula?

Can anybody hep me, I am trying to combine a SUMIF formula and a HLOOKUP to
return tha combined total of similar items in a table.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An indication of what the table looks like would be helpful

Mike

"T-J" wrote:

Can anybody hep me, I am trying to combine a SUMIF formula and a HLOOKUP to
return tha combined total of similar items in a table.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

I want to lookup and sum the total compensation in a particular year:

eg:
2006 2007
Compensation 1000 2000
Compensation 800 900

This is obvioulsy a simplified version but is essentially what i need to do.

Thanks for your prompt response.

T-J

"T-J" wrote:

Can anybody hep me, I am trying to combine a SUMIF formula and a HLOOKUP to
return tha combined total of similar items in a table.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Show what your data looks like and what it is you are trying to Sum.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"T-J" wrote in message
Can anybody hep me, I am trying to combine a SUMIF formula and a
HLOOKUP to
return tha combined total of similar items in a table.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Possibly:-

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20="Compensation")*(B1:E1=2002)*( B2:E20))

The year to sum could be a cell reference.

Mike

"T-J" wrote:

Can anybody hep me, I am trying to combine a SUMIF formula and a HLOOKUP to
return tha combined total of similar items in a table.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike H wrote:
Possibly:-

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20="Compensation")*(B1:E1=2002)* (B2:E20))

The year to sum could be a cell reference.

Mike

Hi Mike

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

Thanks

Thanks Mike, That's helped me with a problem I had

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Mike has posted you the solution.

--