Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default V Lookup Not working since change

Hi
can someone help me see what i have done wrong? I have an Invoice which
consists of the following
Customer ID - this is a drop down menu to choose a customer name which is
stored in a customer database.
A NAME AND ADDRESS BOX This is 5 Lines with a V Lookup formula - which when
the customer ID is choosen it automatically enters the customer name and
address.
I have now changed the Customer ID menu to pick up the Registration of the
car rather than the customer Name - BUT the V Lookup wont automatically fill
in the details like name & address.
I will put my V lookup formula in below - E7 on Invoice is where the
customer ID is - The name and address of the customer is in Customer Database
columns A-G - The Registration number is in Customer Database Column G.
Any help appriciated on where i have gone wrong.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THIS IS THE V LOOKUP FORMULA

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E$7,'C:\Documents and Settings\Pam\My Documents\Misc
Pammi\InvoiceNumber\[GP CustomerDatabase.xls]Sheet1'!$A:$I,1,0)),"[Customer
Name]",VLOOKUP(E$7,'C:\Documents and Settings\Pam\My Documents\Misc

"Pammi J" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

For Vlookup to work, the Registration number would need to be the first
field.
Mark column G on your databaseCutmove cursor to cell A1Insert Cut
cells.

You will now have registration number as the first column.
You will probably have to adjust the offsets in your Vlookup formulae by
1, to pick up the correct address fields.

--
Regards

Roger Govier