Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pammi J Pammi J is offline

Default V Lookup Not working since change

THIS IS THE V LOOKUP FORMULA

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E$7,'C:\Documents and Settings\Pam\My Documents\Misc
Pammi\InvoiceNumber\[GP CustomerDatabase.xls]Sheet1'!$A:$I,1,0)),"[Customer
Name]",VLOOKUP(E$7,'C:\Documents and Settings\Pam\My Documents\Misc
Pammi\InvoiceNumber\[GP CustomerDatabase.xls]Sheet1'!$A:$I,1,0))

"Pammi J" wrote:

Hi
can someone help me see what i have done wrong? I have an Invoice which
consists of the following
Customer ID - this is a drop down menu to choose a customer name which is
stored in a customer database.
A NAME AND ADDRESS BOX This is 5 Lines with a V Lookup formula - which when
the customer ID is choosen it automatically enters the customer name and
address.
I have now changed the Customer ID menu to pick up the Registration of the
car rather than the customer Name - BUT the V Lookup wont automatically fill
in the details like name & address.
I will put my V lookup formula in below - E7 on Invoice is where the
customer ID is - The name and address of the customer is in Customer Database
columns A-G - The Registration number is in Customer Database Column G.
Any help appriciated on where i have gone wrong.
Thanks