Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password for Running the Macro

I am not that familar with VB in Excel, though I could manage to write/copy
the code for running the macro when we give a password in the MSG Box. Here
what like to know is How to make the charaters not to be displayed instead it
should display ****** as usual practice for passwords. Thanks inn advance for
immediate help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Naveen,

I'm sure it's possible with code but a far simpler way is to put a textbox
on a userform and set the textbox password property to (say) * and get you
password input that way.

Mike

"Naveen" wrote:

I am not that familar with VB in Excel, though I could manage to write/copy
the code for running the macro when we give a password in the MSG Box. Here
what like to know is How to make the charaters not to be displayed instead it
should display ****** as usual practice for passwords. Thanks inn advance for
immediate help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the immediate response. I will also need the code for the user
form or to link this user form to the existing module(at present where the
charaters are visible)

Rgds