Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Date

I have a sheet that has a column with the date. I need to change that date
to the next day. Is there an easy way to do this? I don't want to have to
retype each date. Thanks.

I am using the format 7/12/07
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

well, it can be easy depending on how you're doing it.

If you want:

7/12/07
7/13/07
7/14/07
etc.

Then, type in he first two dates, then highlight those two cells.. hover
over the bottom right edge of the select box until your cursor looks like a
plus sign. Click and drag til you have all the dates you need

Or, type in the first date, go to the new row, type =A1 (assuming first date
was in A1), then copy and paste this cell down your rows

"Denise" wrote:

I have a sheet that has a column with the date. I need to change that date
to the next day. Is there an easy way to do this? I don't want to have to
retype each date. Thanks.

I am using the format 7/12/07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format a cell as date (this is important or else you have to reformat all
your dates after pasting), put 1 in that cell, copy that cell, select all
dates and do editpaste special and select add, that will add one day to
each of those dates

Peo Sjoblom