ana maria

Default Enter last name, auto fill full name & address--HOW?

Hello,

I'm trying to simplify a "customer info" form in which a commonly used
individual and his/her full name, address, phone #s, etc. is required. Is
there a method in which I can enter a keyword (preferably the individual's
last name) and Excel will automatically insert his/her full name, address,
etc.? There is a large list of individuals that require this shortcut.

For Example:
If I enter "Robertson", can Excel automatically enter (in place of
"Robertson"):

Mr. John Robertson
111 Any Street
Anytown, ON A1A 1A1
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Fax: (555) 555-5555
Email:

Dave Breitenbach

Yes, set up a grid with all the information using horizontal column headers
like, last name, first name, address1, address2, phone, etc. and then you can
use the vlookup function on this list(pretty straightforward in help). One
note though, vlookup always will look up the first column of your grid, so
the last name should always be the first column.

"ana maria" wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to simplify a "customer info" form in which a commonly used
individual and his/her full name, address, phone #s, etc. is required. Is
there a method in which I can enter a keyword (preferably the individual's
last name) and Excel will automatically insert his/her full name, address,
etc.? There is a large list of individuals that require this shortcut.

For Example:
If I enter "Robertson", can Excel automatically enter (in place of
"Robertson"):

Mr. John Robertson
111 Any Street
Anytown, ON A1A 1A1
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Fax: (555) 555-5555
Email:

cycling-rod

If you use Surnames, what will happen if you have 2 or more
"Robertson's" Would it be best to give each name a serial number and
use that to call up a person's details? Just a thought.

--
cycling-rod