Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Exporting Data from MAS500 into Excel problem

Has anyone ever exported data from MAS500 into Excel, and been able to write
formulas in the worksheet that worked? MAS500 has a feature to export to an
Excel worksheet, but once I have the data in Excel and write the formula, I'm
not getting the correct answer. I have tested the formula in another
worksheet, with data that I put into the cells, and I get the correct answer.
These are very simple formulas such as =SUM(AJ39-SUM(AK39:AL39)*H39). Any
ideas? Calculate is on in the options tab. I've replaced the data with
values I've put in, and the answer does not change as it should. Tried
hitting F9 to calculate, no change.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if the values are text.

Select a cell, format it as general then put this formula there

=ISNUMBER(cell)

and check all cells in question, if they return TRUE it is OK if FALSE then
there is your answer.
Also make sure calculations are set to automatic under
toolsoptionscalculation

Peo Sjoblom

"Ken" wrote in message
Has anyone ever exported data from MAS500 into Excel, and been able to
write
formulas in the worksheet that worked? MAS500 has a feature to export to
an
Excel worksheet, but once I have the data in Excel and write the formula,
I'm
not getting the correct answer. I have tested the formula in another
worksheet, with data that I put into the cells, and I get the correct
answer.
These are very simple formulas such as =SUM(AJ39-SUM(AK39:AL39)*H39). Any
ideas? Calculate is on in the options tab. I've replaced the data with
values I've put in, and the answer does not change as it should. Tried
hitting F9 to calculate, no change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the data is formatted as text................

Format all to General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the data range and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:59:34 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

See if the values are text.

Select a cell, format it as general then put this formula there

=ISNUMBER(cell)

and check all cells in question, if they return TRUE it is OK if FALSE then
there is your answer.
Also make sure calculations are set to automatic under
toolsoptionscalculation

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Peo, thanks for the suggestion. Value is formatted as general, checked using
the isnumber(cell), and return is true. Still stuck.

Thanks

Ken