Jim Harris

Default how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded i.

how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded in excel?
They are just simple dots, but there are over 6000 and growing rapidly make
the file size huge.
Debra Dalgleish

You could try to select the pictures this way:

Choose EditGo To
Click the Special button
Select Objects, click OK

Then, press the Delete key, to delete the selected objects.

If that doesn't work, they may be objects from the Control toolbox. To
select them,

Choose ViewToolbarsControl Toolbox
Click the Design mode button
Then, follow the steps above, to select and delete the objects.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson

If you want to get rid of all the objects...

Edit|goto|Special|select objects
and hit the delete key.

But you may want to investigate why the number is getting larger. This isn't
usual behavior.

Jim Harris wrote:

how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded in excel?
They are just simple dots, but there are over 6000 and growing rapidly make
the file size huge.

--

Dave Peterson
Jim Harris

Thanks for your help, the 1st option selected all of the pictures and the
delete was easy. Now the tougher question, what could cause the pictures to
be inserted in the first place and what cause's it to keep replicating.

Jim Harris

Jim Harris wrote:
how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded in excel?
They are just simple dots, but there are over 6000 and growing rapidly make
the file size huge.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

Maybe you're copying and pasting cells on which the pictures sit.

They might be pictures, or charts, or controls that were reduced in size
when columns/rows were adjusted. Now they appear as small dots.