Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Clicking hyperlink causes toolbar to show

Anytime I click on a hyperlink in Excel, it automatically opens my web
toolbar. Is there a way to stop that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dock the Toolbar?

TerryTutor wrote:

Anytime I click on a hyperlink in Excel, it automatically opens my web
toolbar. Is there a way to stop that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your suggestion, but toolbar shows up docked immediately under the
formatting toolbar.

"Bob I" wrote:

Dock the Toolbar?

TerryTutor wrote:

Anytime I click on a hyperlink in Excel, it automatically opens my web
toolbar. Is there a way to stop that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you use the web toolbar at all?

If no, then maybe you could disable it:

You could just enter a command from the VBE immediate window:

Hit alt-f11
hit ctrl-g
type this and hit enter:
Application.CommandBars("web").Enabled = False
And close this window and try it out.

Change False to True when you decide you want it back.

(I didn't test this. Please post back with your results.)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Didn't work...

The Ctrl-G puts you in the immediate window. This didnt work, even if I
restarted Excel. So I put it in the code window. That didnt work because
there wasnt a named macro. So I gave the macro (code) a name, did an End
Sub at the end. It didnt work, even when I restarted Excel.

TerryTutor wrote:

Anytime I click on a hyperlink in Excel, it automatically opens my web
toolbar. Is there a way to stop that?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean that the command you entered in the immediate window (or the sub)
didn't run?

Or do you mean that the command ran ok, but didn't do what you wanted?

For me (xl2003), the command ran nicely--no errors popped up.

And when I went to excel, then tools|Customize|toolbars tab, Web didn't even
appear in the list that was displayed.

TerryTutor wrote:

Anytime I click on a hyperlink in Excel, it automatically opens my web
toolbar. Is there a way to stop that?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From the person I was trying to help:

Okay, its 4:30 am when things should make no sense. Now it works. I dont
understand why it wouldnt work last night. But it works this morning.

Thanks for the help!

TerryTutor wrote:

Anytime I click on a hyperlink in Excel, it automatically opens my web
toolbar. Is there a way to stop that?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Dave that is exactly what I wanted. The Web toolbar was really
getting to me. Even when docked it would still jump down a line when I used
a hyperlink (which I do a lot at work).

I like having the full path of the file I am working on shown in the address
box as we experiment with macros on copies of files before editing the live
documents, and it's good to have the quick glance check that I am looking at
the right one

I nearly made a post about it but I searched an found this first saving me
the trouble!

Cheers!!