Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default greater than..

Please would someone help me.. I am trying to enter a formula to return a
value, in another cell, if a cell is greater than or less than a specific
value.

eg: if the value in cell a1 is less than 600 return value of 0 in cell a2,
or if greater than 600 caluculate the difference between a1 and 600 and
return the result in a2.

Many thanks

Eclaires

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1<600,0,A1-600)
or
=MAX(A1-600,0)

Strictly, you haven't specified what you want if A1 is *equal* to 600, but
I've guessed.
--
David Biddulph

"Eclaires" wrote in message
Please would someone help me.. I am trying to enter a formula to return a
value, in another cell, if a cell is greater than or less than a specific
value.

eg: if the value in cell a1 is less than 600 return value of 0 in cell a2,
or if greater than 600 caluculate the difference between a1 and 600 and
return the result in a2.

Many thanks

Eclaires

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1<600,0,A1-600)
or
=MAX(A1-600,0)

Strictly, you haven't specified what you want if A1 is *equal* to 600, but
I've guessed.

Since A1-600 equals 0 when A1 equals 0, would it have been possible for you
to have guessed wrong?<g

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The OP *may* have wanted something completely different (neither 0 nor
A1-600), but I was relatively confident in guessing in this case. :-)
--
David Biddulph

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...