Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Greater Than but Less than

I've been working on this formula for hours and I'm not coming up with
anything that works!

I need a formula that will calculate the following:

If x is less than .95 OR greater than 1.05, cell will read MISS
If x is greater than or equal to .95 but less than or equal to 1.05, cell
will read HIT

Someone please help! I get something that I think works and it doesn't!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(OR(X1<.95,X11,05),"MISS",IF(OR(X1=.95,X1<=1. 05),"HIT",""))

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"KaraGilsdorf" wrote:

I've been working on this formula for hours and I'm not coming up with
anything that works!

I need a formula that will calculate the following:

If x is less than .95 OR greater than 1.05, cell will read MISS
If x is greater than or equal to .95 but less than or equal to 1.05, cell
will read HIT

Someone please help! I get something that I think works and it doesn't!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With your *x* number in A1 try:

=IF(ABS(100-A1)5,"Miss","Hit")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"KaraGilsdorf" wrote in message
I've been working on this formula for hours and I'm not coming up with
anything that works!

I need a formula that will calculate the following:

If x is less than .95 OR greater than 1.05, cell will read MISS
If x is greater than or equal to .95 but less than or equal to 1.05, cell
will read HIT

Someone please help! I get something that I think works and it doesn't!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Kara,

Perhaps this helps, with x in cell A1