Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making a master sheet

Hi All,

I have 3 sheets with similar data on each one, divided by location. I want
to make a master sheet (the 4th sheet) that combines all the information on
the first three. I've designed the template already, but I'm having a
problem copying the cells from each individual sheet. I want the master
sheet to automatically display any changes made to any of the original three.
When I use the "=", the master sheet displays a '0' if the cell on the
original sheet is blank. I want an exact copy of what is on the original
sheet; if the cell is blank on the original, I want it blank on the master.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I use the "=", the master sheet displays a '0' if the cell on the
original sheet is blank. I want an exact copy of what is on the original
sheet; if the cell is blank on the original, I want it blank on the master.
Any ideas?

Try =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet!A1);"";Sheet!A1) ajust to fit.

/Sune

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Instead of: =Sheet2!A1
use: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
--
Max
Singapore
"Cam1234" wrote:
Hi All,

I have 3 sheets with similar data on each one, divided by location. I want
to make a master sheet (the 4th sheet) that combines all the information on
the first three. I've designed the template already, but I'm having a
problem copying the cells from each individual sheet. I want the master
sheet to automatically display any changes made to any of the original three.
When I use the "=", the master sheet displays a '0' if the cell on the
original sheet is blank. I want an exact copy of what is on the original
sheet; if the cell is blank on the original, I want it blank on the master.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This solves most of my problems, but if I wanted to be really lazy and copy
the formatting over (such as font size, and text or background color) the =IF
won't do it. Is there any formula that willl solve this problem?

Thanks!

"Max" wrote:

Instead of: =Sheet2!A1
use: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
--
"Cam1234" wrote:
Hi All,

I have 3 sheets with similar data on each one, divided by location. I want
to make a master sheet (the 4th sheet) that combines all the information on
the first three. I've designed the template already, but I'm having a
problem copying the cells from each individual sheet. I want the master
sheet to automatically display any changes made to any of the original three.
When I use the "=", the master sheet displays a '0' if the cell on the
original sheet is blank. I want an exact copy of what is on the original
sheet; if the cell is blank on the original, I want it blank on the master.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No formula can copy the formatting over.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:36:06 -0700, Cam1234
wrote:

This solves most of my problems, but if I wanted to be really lazy and copy
the formatting over (such as font size, and text or background color) the =IF
won't do it. Is there any formula that willl solve this problem?

Thanks!

"Max" wrote:

Instead of: =Sheet2!A1
use: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
--
"Cam1234" wrote:
Hi All,

I have 3 sheets with similar data on each one, divided by location. I want
to make a master sheet (the 4th sheet) that combines all the information on
the first three. I've designed the template already, but I'm having a
problem copying the cells from each individual sheet. I want the master
sheet to automatically display any changes made to any of the original three.
When I use the "=", the master sheet displays a '0' if the cell on the
original sheet is blank. I want an exact copy of what is on the original
sheet; if the cell is blank on the original, I want it blank on the master.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Just a trailer thought .. If it's neatly grooved in your master sheet, you
could try recording a macro to copy n paste special as formats from each of
the range within the 3 child sheets onto the corresponding range in the
master sheet.
--
"Cam1234" wrote in message
This solves most of my problems, but if I wanted to be really lazy and
copy
the formatting over (such as font size, and text or background color) the
=IF
won't do it. Is there any formula that willl solve this problem?

Thanks!

"Max" wrote:

Instead of: =Sheet2!A1
use: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
--
"Cam1234" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good afternoon, i am having to do exactly what you wanted to do but i have no
idea how to let a master sheet get populated from other sheets copuld you
please send me an example, and where do you put the arguement to let the
master sheet seek data from the others? Urgent please