Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
c-p c-p is offline

Default Unable to modify the level of protection of macro

I have a PC with XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2 and Excel 2003 SP2.
Suddenly, it became impossible to modify the protection level of macros. I
cannot save the protection level settings (low, medium, ...) either with
Tools / Macro / Protection ... or with Tools / Options / Protection / ...and
the protection level is always set to low.
What can I do in order to fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Microsoft's response to this is "Your network administrator may have enforced
a security level for your workgroup or corporation to ensure that you use
only macros that are virus-free. For more information, see your network
administrator."

So the first question becomes: are you on a domain? Or is this just
something like a home system?

Second question: are closing Excel and reopening it after making the Macro
Security Level change? Changes don't take effect until after you close and
reopen Excel.

If the answer to both of those questions is NO, then my only suggestion
would be to do a repair installation of Excel on the machine.

"c-p" wrote:

I have a PC with XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2 and Excel 2003 SP2.
Suddenly, it became impossible to modify the protection level of macros. I
cannot save the protection level settings (low, medium, ...) either with
Tools / Macro / Protection ... or with Tools / Options / Protection / ...and
the protection level is always set to low.
What can I do in order to fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
c-p c-p is offline

I verified other PCs on the network and they show the same problem, so I
checked with the system Administrator. It seems he changed the security
settings.
Thank you for the suggestion that it is possible to set this via a group
policy.