Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing a selected spreadsheet

I have prepared a spreadsheet with border lines (some bold, some regular).
When I set the print area and do a print pre-view all the border lines I
included appear. But when I print to pager none of the regular lines are
printed.
How do I get my printer to print all borders within my excel spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe I forgot to mention that I am using Excel2007. I do appreciate your
response and suggestion. I have already found the Page Setup dialogue box
and have checked the Print Gridlines selection but am still not getting the
regular borderlines I when I print.

"Joan@CCSG" wrote:

I have prepared a spreadsheet with border lines (some bold, some regular).
When I set the print area and do a print pre-view all the border lines I
included appear. But when I print to pager none of the regular lines are
printed.
How do I get my printer to print all borders within my excel spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have includes two procedures - Creating and printing Custom View.

Before you create a view Set up the workbook to appear the way you want to
view and print it. If you include print settings in a view, the view includes
the defined print area (print area: One or more ranges of cells that you
designate to print when you don't want to print the entire worksheet. If a
worksheet includes a print area, only the print area is printed.), or the
entire worksheet if the sheet has no defined print area.

A. Create a custom view

1. Change the settings that you want to save in the view.
2. On the View menu, click Custom Views.
3. Click Add.
4. In the Name box, type a name for the view (view: A set of display and
print settings that you can name and apply to a workbook. You can create more
than one view of the same workbook without saving separate copies of the
workbook.).

Make sure to include the active sheet name in the name of a view to make it
easier to identify. When you display a view, Microsoft Excel switches to the
sheet that was active when you created the view. Excel lists all views in the
workbook in the Custom Views dialog box.

5. Under Include in view, select the options you want.

Note You cannot create a custom view when a worksheet contains an Excel
list (list: A series of rows that contains related data or a series of rows
that you designate to function as a datasheet by using the Create List
command.). If one or more worksheets contain an Excel list, the Custom Views
command is disabled for the entire workbook.

B. Print a custom view

1. On the View menu, click Custom Views.
2. In the Views box, click the name of the view (view: A set of display and
print settings that you can name and apply to a workbook. You can create more
than one view of the same workbook without saving separate copies of the
workbook.) you want to print.
3. Click Show.
4. Click Print .

Note Microsoft Excel saves previously defined print areas (print area: One
or more ranges of cells that you designate to print when you don't want to
print the entire worksheet. If a worksheet includes a print area, only the
print area is printed.) for each sheet in the workbook with your view. If a
sheet has no defined print areas, Microsoft Excel prints the entire worksheet.

Challa Prabhu