Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fonts change each time I open file

I use an Excel 2003 spreadsheet which I update daily. Each time I open it
however, my fonts are changed - drastically. I distribute only some of the
tabs from this spreadsheet, and each time I copy the tabs into a new file,
the same situation happens, even after I've fixed the original one. This
also happens when I open the file in a different PC. However when I e-mail
the file, the fonts are retained. This does not happen on any other
spreadsheet/file I have.

I searched all over the help function of Excel, as well as on-line, but
could not find the solution (nor the problem). Thanks in advance for any
efforts to help.

--
Best regards,

Ramon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Press the Ctrl key and click on all the Sheet Tab. When you do this all
Sheet Tab becomes grouped.
2. In you Current Worksheet, press Ctrl+A. This selects the whole worksheet.
3. Click the Font list to select a Font name.
4. Click the Font Size list, to enter or select a font size.
5. Now Save the Excel sheet.

Caution: If you a add a new sheet then the Font name and Font size will take
the default settings Arial 10.

Challa Prabhu

"Ramon Abad" wrote:

I use an Excel 2003 spreadsheet which I update daily. Each time I open it
however, my fonts are changed - drastically. I distribute only some of the
tabs from this spreadsheet, and each time I copy the tabs into a new file,
the same situation happens, even after I've fixed the original one. This
also happens when I open the file in a different PC. However when I e-mail
the file, the fonts are retained. This does not happen on any other
spreadsheet/file I have.

I searched all over the help function of Excel, as well as on-line, but
could not find the solution (nor the problem). Thanks in advance for any
efforts to help.

--
Best regards,

Ramon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Challa, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the file's several tabs use
different fonts, mainly for headings and charts, though I use Arial for all
of them, so doing what you say, even if it worked for my predicament, would
still entail making a lot of changes.

However I went ahead and followed what you were saying, just to see if the
new font settings would be retained when I reopened the file. They were not.
Tahoma's showed up in some rows, bold where it wasn't needed, vice-versa,
etc.
--
Best regards,

Ramon

"Ramon Abad" wrote:

I use an Excel 2003 spreadsheet which I update daily. Each time I open it
however, my fonts are changed - drastically. I distribute only some of the
tabs from this spreadsheet, and each time I copy the tabs into a new file,
the same situation happens, even after I've fixed the original one. This
also happens when I open the file in a different PC. However when I e-mail
the file, the fonts are retained. This does not happen on any other
spreadsheet/file I have.

I searched all over the help function of Excel, as well as on-line, but
could not find the solution (nor the problem). Thanks in advance for any
efforts to help.

--
Best regards,

Ramon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ramon, Did you create this file yourself or get it from someone else?
It sounds like there is a VBA procedure running when you open the
file. To check this, open the file and press Alt-F11 to go to the
code editor. There should be a long narrow window on the left that
lists the various parts of the workbook. (If not, click on View, then
Project Explorer.) Under VBA Project, there should be a list like
Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc. (if not, click on the + to the left of the VBA
Project to see them.) Double-click on ThisWorkbook, then each of the
sheets, to view any code. If you don't find anything in there, open
any Modules shown in the Project Explorer and look for an Auto_Open
subroutine. If you find anything, you can disable it by adding NOT to
its name like Sub Auto_OpenNOT(). When finished, press Alt-F11 to
return to the spreadsheet. Then close, save, and reopen. Worth
checking. HTH, James

"Ramon Abad" wrote:

I use an Excel 2003 spreadsheet which I update daily. Each time I open it
however, my fonts are changed - drastically. I distribute only some of the
tabs from this spreadsheet, and each time I copy the tabs into a new file,
the same situation happens, even after I've fixed the original one. This
also happens when I open the file in a different PC. However when I e-mail
the file, the fonts are retained. This does not happen on any other
spreadsheet/file I have.

I searched all over the help function of Excel, as well as on-line, but
could not find the solution (nor the problem). Thanks in advance for any
efforts to help.

--
Best regards,

Ramon- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Zone, I did what you say here, and I could not find any "Auto_Open"
sub-routines. The only ones I found were "Worksheet_Selection Change (ByVal
Target as Range)." I didn't spend that much time on it as I got swamped. I
might try again this weekend.

Thanks for your efforts.
--
Best regards,