Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Status Bar starts at top of Window

Same problem here - the Status Bar opens at the top of the window. I
can close it with an Alt-F4 and after several attempts I can get Excel
to start normally. I find it strange that it is not consistent in the
way it starts up. Sometimes I have to try up to 10 times - and then
Excel starts.

I have tried to start Excel in Safe Mode - same behavior. I recently
did a clean install (Vista) - same behavior.

There is one thing that nags at the back of my mind . . . the copy of
Office 2007 I use is a Trial Version, converted to a full version
after purchasing a key. Could this be the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the exact same issue and am going crazy. Has anyone found a solution.
I am about to uninstall office and reinstall. Due to the amount of
customization I have I do not want to do this!

" wrote:

Same problem here - the Status Bar opens at the top of the window. I
can close it with an Alt-F4 and after several attempts I can get Excel
to start normally. I find it strange that it is not consistent in the
way it starts up. Sometimes I have to try up to 10 times - and then
Excel starts.

I have tried to start Excel in Safe Mode - same behavior. I recently
did a clean install (Vista) - same behavior.

There is one thing that nags at the back of my mind . . . the copy of
Office 2007 I use is a Trial Version, converted to a full version
after purchasing a key. Could this be the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could you post a JPG of this phenomenon?

--
Jim