Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to rank?

Let say if i have this data, instead of sorting, I want to rank from top to
bottom of the salesperson.

Salesperson Commission Ranking
A 58.79%
B 64.52%
C 60.58%
D 63.16%
E 77.08%
F 60.29%
G 66.36%
H 84.62%
I 74.85%
G 64.66%
K 72.02%
L 62.50%

How can I do it? Please help me and thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create a pivot table for this or use RANK worksheet function if using
Excel 2003.

Regards,
Pranav Vaidya

"Syahira" wrote:

Let say if i have this data, instead of sorting, I want to rank from top to
bottom of the salesperson.

Salesperson Commission Ranking
A 58.79%
B 64.52%
C 60.58%
D 63.16%
E 77.08%
F 60.29%
G 66.36%
H 84.62%
I 74.85%
G 64.66%
K 72.02%
L 62.50%

How can I do it? Please help me and thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your precentages are in Col B put this in C1.

=RANK(B1,B$1:B$20)

alter the B20 bit to match the length of the data in Column B and drag down
to the same length as Column B

Mike

"Syahira" wrote:

Let say if i have this data, instead of sorting, I want to rank from top to
bottom of the salesperson.

Salesperson Commission Ranking
A 58.79%
B 64.52%
C 60.58%
D 63.16%
E 77.08%
F 60.29%
G 66.36%
H 84.62%
I 74.85%
G 64.66%
K 72.02%
L 62.50%

How can I do it? Please help me and thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you are using the formula in column C1
=Rank(B1,$B$1:$B$12)

Drag this formula till the end of list in column C

Regards,
Pranav Vaidya