Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i put a blank in a cell

Here is what I have, I have a column that could contain anywhere from 10 to
1000 names and the column next to it contains there scores. In the column
that contains the points I have a formula that says if the cell with the name
cell is blank the put " " in the score cell. Now the problem is when I get it
to sort all the 1000 cells to order from the highest nmber to lowest number
the cells with " " in it are sorted to the top before the numbers which I
want at the top. I have tried changine it to "" in the formula but that
doesn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try inserting a formula adjacent to cell haveing scores. assuming c3 has the
scores, insert the formula : if(c3=" ","Z","A") in d3. Then sort on Col
D-Ascending & Col C-Descending order

Regards
Ananth