Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Choose from drop down menu and get defined output in another cell

I have created a drop down menu with several different options included in
it. If I select one of the options, I want a value that I predetermine to
display in the cell next to it. Is there any way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Won't a simple IF function on that value do it?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"NWCrane" wrote in message
I have created a drop down menu with several different options included in
it. If I select one of the options, I want a value that I predetermine to
display in the cell next to it. Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look at VLOOKUP.

"NWCrane" wrote:

I have created a drop down menu with several different options included in
it. If I select one of the options, I want a value that I predetermine to
display in the cell next to it. Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Choose from drop down menu and get defined output in another c

I cannot seem to find what I am looking for in vlookup. I am not sure if my
description of what I am trying to do is making sense so I will reword it.

I have created a dropdown menu of different pay scales our company has.
When I select one of the pay scale names from the drop down menu, I want the
wage that corresponds with that scale to come up in the cell directly
adjacent to the right.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

"Toppers" wrote:

Look at VLOOKUP.

"NWCrane" wrote:

I have created a drop down menu with several different options included in
it. If I select one of the options, I want a value that I predetermine to
display in the cell next to it. Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create table with pay scales (names and wages) say in Sheet2 columns A & B

With drop down in A2 of sheet1:

in B2:

=VLOOKUP(a2,Sheet2!a:b,2,0)

HTH

"NWCrane" wrote:

I cannot seem to find what I am looking for in vlookup. I am not sure if my
description of what I am trying to do is making sense so I will reword it.

I have created a dropdown menu of different pay scales our company has.
When I select one of the pay scale names from the drop down menu, I want the
wage that corresponds with that scale to come up in the cell directly
adjacent to the right.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

"Toppers" wrote:

Look at VLOOKUP.