Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Moving Cells Between Save and Open

Hi

I hope someone can help! We have several users accessing a shared
spreadsheet, this is about 25Mb and there appears to be no macros running.

When the spreadsheet is saved and closed, and any user then opens the
spreadsheet data is randomly moved to another cell.

Please share any suggestions or advice! Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never seen anything like this.

I'd check to make sure that the users are opening the same workbook--same file
in the same location!

If that's the case, I'd open excel in safe mode:

close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
file|open the workbook

Make some changes, save the file, close excel

And have the second person open excel in safe mode.

Then open the file and see if anything changed.

If nothing changed, then the first person open normally and the second in safe
mode.

If something bad happened, look at macros that may run when the workbook is
closed (on that first person's pc).

If the file looked perfect when the second person opened the file in safe mode,
but not in normal mode, then look for macros that run when the workbook is
opened (on that second person's pc).

There could be some sort of application event that's causing trouble, too.
That's why you'd want to look at each person's pc.

Some links that may help with your detective work:

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

--

Dave Peterson