Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update one cell as soon as you start typeing in another

Hi,

Is it possible to get one cell to update on the begining of typing in
another cell, eg Make the contents of Cell A1 = 1 as soon as the user starts
typing into cell A2? If it is what formula would i use?

I realise that it is possible to make cell A1 = 1 once you have entered
something in A2 and pressed enter or tab, but our users would like the 1 to
appear as soon as they have started typing into A2.
Hope this makes sense 8-)
Thanks in advance
Tanya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tanya,

In a word, no. You could, however, use a text box from the Controls Toolbox. Set the Linked
Cell property to A1. The stuff you type into the text box will appear as you type the
characters.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...