Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to I show the horizontal scroll bar in Excel?

The horizontal scroll bar does not show in Excel 2003. I've checked the box
per the instructions but the horizontal scroll bar still does not appear.
The vertical does appear.
Jim007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The horizontal scroll bar does not show in Excel 2003. I've checked the
box
per the instructions but the horizontal scroll bar still does not appear.
The vertical does appear.

If the horizontal scroll bar box is checked in the Tools/Options dialog,
then the scroll bar is there, but it may be resized to zero width. Look at
the bottom, right corner of your grid (where the right side of the
horizontal scroll bar should be)... do you see two vertical boxes next to
each other (they will almost look like tall, thin CommandButtons)? If yes,
click on the left box and drag it to the left. Does that bring back the
horizontal scroll bar?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Possibly it has been dragged to far right.

Hover cursor over small vertical bar at right side of sheet tabs and you should
get a double-headed right/left arrow.

Click and drag.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP