Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide a CELL (not entire row or column) when printing

Hi all,
I love Ron De Bruins examples at http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm. It
shows you how not print a row or column even though it is visible on screen.
However does anyone know how not to print a CELL only?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can make the font color the same as the background color of that cell
See the example code on the same page

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide

See the part
Make the Font white of a range

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"shapiro" wrote in message ...
Hi all,
I love Ron De Bruins examples at http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm. It
shows you how not print a row or column even though it is visible on screen.
However does anyone know how not to print a CELL only?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
I have not tried this, but you could if there is more than one cell to hide
create a range name, select the individual cells, by hold down the Ctrl key
while selecting the cells with a mouse.
Once you have the range, record a macro to change the cell colour to say
white or whatever the cell background is and use a Workbook_BeforePrint Macro
to call the macro you have just recorded. You will then need a Before_save
Macro to change back the font colour.

Alternatively, If you do not want to show My Pay in Cell b2 you can put the
value in a range Name. Choose Insert, Name, Define In the Name Box Type
My_Pay (no spaces) and in the range box type =1000000 and change the formulas
to the range Name.

Regards
Peter

"shapiro" wrote:

Hi all,
I love Ron De Bruins examples at http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm. It
shows you how not print a row or column even though it is visible on screen.
However does anyone know how not to print a CELL only?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh... I did not realize that the solution was in the "Font white of a range"
section. It works like a charm.
Thanks