Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eqa Eqa is offline

Default ignore value when a negative.

I have a formula that is applied to a series of cells in some of the cells it
generates a negative value. How do I incorporate into the formula something
that would say if the result value is < o then show it as 0 and not as a
negative number.
Hope this is clear thanks in anticipation.

Eqa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a formula that is applied to a series of cells in some of the cells
it
generates a negative value. How do I incorporate into the formula
something
that would say if the result value is < o then show it as 0 and not as a
negative number.
Hope this is clear thanks in anticipation.

Embed your formula in a MAX formula...

=MAX(YourFormula,0)

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It depends on what your actual formula *is*.

Try one of these:

=MAX(your_formula,0)

=IF(your_formula<0,0,your_formula)

Biff