Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Filter?

Greetings,

I have an excel spreadsheet with mutliple addresses. One of the columns
lists "county". I need to filter those address that are within any one of 14
counties. Is this a custom filter or other method to limit my pick to all of
those 14 counties out of the 100 or so counties in my list?

Thank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If the counties are identified by sequential numbers, you could use the
Autofilter, with a custom setting of GreaterThan and
LesserThan.........otherwise, you could use a helper column and identify the
rows to be grouped with a code and then just sort, or Autofilter on that
column..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Steve B" wrote:

Greetings,

I have an excel spreadsheet with mutliple addresses. One of the columns
lists "county". I need to filter those address that are within any one of 14
counties. Is this a custom filter or other method to limit my pick to all of
those 14 counties out of the 100 or so counties in my list?

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OSK OSK is offline

hi the

You can also make an advanced filter, and that will give you the answer

OSK