Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grouping data across rows

Hi!

I am struggling to find an elegant soution to my problem:

I have a list of equipment tags, with info associated to each tag. I
need to provide electrical hookup info to my tags. This info consist
of a lead colour and a post number for each lead. Each tag can have
any number of leads, in any combination three colours.

Is there a way for me to automate the following:

I enter my tag number and general info in a list like I do now.
In one of the columns I have my hookup info for that tag, like BLUE 1-
BROWN 2-BLACK 3-BLUE 4-BROWN 5.
I would like to be able to present this data in the following table
form:

Or is there any other elegant way of presenting this data in an easy
to read form?