Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup formula

Hi...really need some help here...On 1 sheet i have 3 columns..Column
A is Region, Column B, Store Number, Column C is Store Name...on a
another sheet, I have the Store numbers and store name...how do i
create a Vlookup so it looks at the store and populate for me the
Region the store belongs to??Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INDEX(Sheet!$A$2:$A$100,MATCH($A2,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$ 100),0)

A2 in sheet2 contains the Store Number

Copy formula down if you have list of stores in A3 onwards

"Gor_yee" wrote:

Hi...really need some help here...On 1 sheet i have 3 columns..Column
A is Region, Column B, Store Number, Column C is Store Name...on a
another sheet, I have the Store numbers and store name...how do i
create a Vlookup so it looks at the store and populate for me the
Region the store belongs to??Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(Sheet2!D1,B:B,0))

Lookup value in sheet2 D1
Store numbers in col B Regions in Col A

Mike

"Gor_yee" wrote:

Hi...really need some help here...On 1 sheet i have 3 columns..Column
A is Region, Column B, Store Number, Column C is Store Name...on a
another sheet, I have the Store numbers and store name...how do i
create a Vlookup so it looks at the store and populate for me the
Region the store belongs to??Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To use VLOOKUP the item you are searching for must be in the left-most
column of the lookup table. You will need to use an INDEX(MATCH())
combination if this is not the case, so have a look in XL Help.

Hope this helps.

Pete