-   -   Vlookup formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148138-vlookup-formula.html)

Gor_yee

Vlookup formula

Hi...really need some help here...On 1 sheet i have 3 columns..Column
A is Region, Column B, Store Number, Column C is Store Name...on a
another sheet, I have the Store numbers and store name...how do i
create a Vlookup so it looks at the store and populate for me the
Region the store belongs to??Thanks

Toppers

Vlookup formula

=INDEX(Sheet!$A$2:$A$100,MATCH($A2,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$ 100),0)

A2 in sheet2 contains the Store Number

Copy formula down if you have list of stores in A3 onwards

"Gor_yee" wrote:

Hi...really need some help here...On 1 sheet i have 3 columns..Column
A is Region, Column B, Store Number, Column C is Store Name...on a
another sheet, I have the Store numbers and store name...how do i
create a Vlookup so it looks at the store and populate for me the
Region the store belongs to??Thanks

Mike H

Vlookup formula

Try this

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(Sheet2!D1,B:B,0))

Lookup value in sheet2 D1
Store numbers in col B Regions in Col A

Mike

"Gor_yee" wrote:

Hi...really need some help here...On 1 sheet i have 3 columns..Column
A is Region, Column B, Store Number, Column C is Store Name...on a
another sheet, I have the Store numbers and store name...how do i
create a Vlookup so it looks at the store and populate for me the
Region the store belongs to??Thanks

Pete_UK

Vlookup formula

To use VLOOKUP the item you are searching for must be in the left-most
column of the lookup table. You will need to use an INDEX(MATCH())
combination if this is not the case, so have a look in XL Help.

Hope this helps.

Pete