Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Likert scale calculation

I have used the following table in my survey:

Frequency of use - check which on is applicable:

every few hours every few
mins every few secs
item1
item2
item3
..
..
..
item10

so the sample data looks like this:
id item1 item 2 ............. item10
1 hours hrs ................. mins
2 secs hrs ................. mins
3 mins hrs ................. mins

I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from
the above sample):

every few hours every few
mins every few secs
item1 1
1 1
item2 3
0 0
..
..
item10 0
3 0

How can I do this using pivot tables?

Since I would later on like to see the break-up based on demographics
etc.

Thanks,
Oliver