Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i merge two collums together?

I have two columns with different info in each. I would like to combine the
entire column to make one. I noticed that in the help section, it allows me
to do this by cell, but i have 924 cells so I would prefer to do this by
columns.

Thanks!

joy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

use the =concatenate() function in a 3rd column, to copy and paste 924 cells
should take all of 10 seconds...

"Joy Bell" wrote:

I have two columns with different info in each. I would like to combine the
entire column to make one. I noticed that in the help section, it allows me
to do this by cell, but i have 924 cells so I would prefer to do this by
columns.

Thanks!

joy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

what do you mean by merge in this case?
do you want to have all of the information from the column in one cell?
do you want to have a third column with the combined text for each row from
the two columns
to you want to sum numerically?

Depending on what you want, there are many different answers to your
question.