Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting of Dates

I seem to have a very annoying problem with dates on excel.

I have a simple spreadsheet which is listing invoices for me on a monthly
basis. The column is formated as date "dd/mm/yyyy", when i enter the date
into a cell within this column it will display correctly in the formula bar
but on the cell i only see a 5 chracter number. For example 01/06/2007 is
being displayed in the cell as 39234. I have tried diferent date formats but
it doesnt seem to change anything.

If anyone can help with this i would be truly greatful.

Thanks in advance
Hervinder

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:26:00 -0700, Hervinder
wrote:

I seem to have a very annoying problem with dates on excel.

I have a simple spreadsheet which is listing invoices for me on a monthly
basis. The column is formated as date "dd/mm/yyyy", when i enter the date
into a cell within this column it will display correctly in the formula bar
but on the cell i only see a 5 chracter number. For example 01/06/2007 is
being displayed in the cell as 39234. I have tried diferent date formats but
it doesnt seem to change anything.

If anyone can help with this i would be truly greatful.

Thanks in advance
Hervinder

Select Tools/Options/View
Window Options