Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Bars based on other cells

How do I get data bars in a range of cells based on the values in a different
range of cell? I have two columns: Category and Count. I'd like to have
Data Bars appear in the Category column based on the values in the Count
column. This feels like it should be easy, but I just can't get there.
Thanks in advance!

-- Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you need a macro to do this, since data bars are based on the cell
in which they reside.

There is a sample macro for this in my blog at
http://www.edferrero.com/Blog/tabid/...0/Default.aspx

Ed Ferrero

"Brian Shelden" wrote in message
How do I get data bars in a range of cells based on the values in a
different
range of cell? I have two columns: Category and Count. I'd like to have
Data Bars appear in the Category column based on the values in the Count
column. This feels like it should be easy, but I just can't get there.
Thanks in advance!

-- Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ed

Nice piece of code. Thanks for sharing it with us.

--
Regards

Roger Govier