Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Max value in validated list

I have a cell with a list of numbers used for validation in a drop down box.
Is there any way to retrieve the max possible value of that cell? For
example, if the choices in the dropdown are 0 - 15, how do I return the 15 so
I can use it in a function?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'd have to list the numbers in a range of cells and then refer to that
range in a formula.

Say A1:A16 is your list of numbers from 0 to 15.
You can use the range A1:A16 as the source for the drop down list.
Then, to get the max value from that range:

=MAX(A1:A6)

Biff

"Erin" wrote in message
I have a cell with a list of numbers used for validation in a drop down
box.
Is there any way to retrieve the max possible value of that cell? For
example, if the choices in the dropdown are 0 - 15, how do I return the 15
so
I can use it in a function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Typo:

Then, to get the max value from that range:
=MAX(A1:A6)

Should be:

=MAX(A1:A16)

Biff