Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lost bottom toolbar and gray panel appeared at left

We are in a class and 3 students lost the toolbar at the bottom of their
Excel spreadsheet and they have a gray rectangular panel on the left side of
their screen. How do we get it back to normal?
We have tried normal view, full view, and back...we are at a loss?

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The toolbar bit is possibly:-

View|toolbars|drawing.

the grey panel is more confusing, anything you can add by way of description?

Mike

"TinaMo" wrote:

We are in a class and 3 students lost the toolbar at the bottom of their
Excel spreadsheet and they have a gray rectangular panel on the left side of
their screen. How do we get it back to normal?
We have tried normal view, full view, and back...we are at a loss?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A grey panel appeared on the left-hand side of the screen and we lost both
scroll bars and the sheet tabs disappeared so it was impossible to move thru
the document with a mouse.

"TinaMo" wrote:

We are in a class and 3 students lost the toolbar at the bottom of their
Excel spreadsheet and they have a gray rectangular panel on the left side of
their screen. How do we get it back to normal?
We have tried normal view, full view, and back...we are at a loss?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In which case:-

Tools|options|view

Check horizontal scrollbar

Now what about the grey bit, any more infor?

Mike

"TinaMo" wrote:

We are in a class and 3 students lost the toolbar at the bottom of their
Excel spreadsheet and they have a gray rectangular panel on the left side of
their screen. How do we get it back to normal?
We have tried normal view, full view, and back...we are at a loss?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now what about the grey bit, any more infor?

I think he means the gray area to the left of the horizontal scroll bar
(which is reserved for the sheet tabs).

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dwm dwm is offline

Click on the faint solid bar at the left of the toolbar (top for horizontal
toolbars); you will get the cross with arrows at the end of each point. At
this point, yor can move the toolbar to wherever you want it.