Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using contents of a check box for an in statement

I would like to create an if statement that could somehow read whether or not
a check box is checked. I'm pretty familiar with Excel programming, but not
much beyond that. I would like to do something like if(checkbox=true, 15).
Something like that. Does anyone know if I have any options?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Erin,

If you're doing this IF in a formula on the worksheet, then set the cell link for the check
box (it's in Format). Then test that cell:

=IF( A1, "it's checked", "it ain't")

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Erin" wrote in message
I would like to create an if statement that could somehow read whether or not
a check box is checked. I'm pretty familiar with Excel programming, but not
much beyond that. I would like to do something like if(checkbox=true, 15).
Something like that. Does anyone know if I have any options?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't see an option under Control Format for linking a cell. When I right
click on the check box and open Properties, I see "LinkedCell" in properties
for the check box. Is that what I use? Would I have to do that manually for
each check box?

Thanks for your help!

"Erin" wrote in message
I would like to create an if statement that could somehow read whether or not
a check box is checked. I'm pretty familiar with Excel programming, but not
much beyond that. I would like to do something like if(checkbox=true, 15).
Something like that. Does anyone know if I have any options?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's a checkbox on the control toolbox toolbar and a checkbox on the Forms
toolbar. Each works differently.

Earl guessed that you used a checkbox from the Forms toolbar.

But you used a checkbox from the Control toolbox toolbar.

You can either use the linkedcell (just type in that address) with the checkbox
that you used

or

you could delete that checkbox and replace it with one from the Forms toolbar
and use Earl's suggestion.

"Erin" wrote in message
I would like to create an if statement that could somehow read whether or not
a check box is checked. I'm pretty familiar with Excel programming, but not
much beyond that. I would like to do something like if(checkbox=true, 15).
Something like that. Does anyone know if I have any options?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson