Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erin Erin is offline

Default Using contents of a check box for an in statement

I don't see an option under Control Format for linking a cell. When I right
click on the check box and open Properties, I see "LinkedCell" in properties
for the check box. Is that what I use? Would I have to do that manually for
each check box?

Thanks for your help!

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Erin,

If you're doing this IF in a formula on the worksheet, then set the cell link for the check
box (it's in Format). Then test that cell:

=IF( A1, "it's checked", "it ain't")

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Erin" wrote in message
I would like to create an if statement that could somehow read whether or not
a check box is checked. I'm pretty familiar with Excel programming, but not
much beyond that. I would like to do something like if(checkbox=true, 15).
Something like that. Does anyone know if I have any options?

Thanks