Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel viewer for ME

I have Windows ME. My company sends e-mails with xls file attachments for me
to print and take to work. This used to work fine. Then my computer crashed
and I had to start over with a clean drive. Therefore I lost the excel reader
I once had. I'm having difficulty finding an xls reader for ME. Can anyone
help?

Please, no suggestions to upgrade from ME. I upgraded to XP and it wouldn't
operate my document scanner properly and several of my favorite old programs
were incompatible with no fixes or upgrades available. I can't afford the
hundreds of dollars it would cost to replace all these old programs.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just some info:

The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

and the older version if you can't run the one above:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
(One line in your browser)

or...

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

or...

Google Docs offers a free online spreadsheet program (and a word processing
program) that may be able to open your file.
http://docs.google.com

--

Dave Peterson