Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy file then no password

Scenario: Excel 2003 if I create a file, give it a password to modify but
when I open it click on "Read only" then save it with a new name. Then I open
the new file, it does not ask for a password. However, in Word 2003, the
password follows the new "saved as" file.

I can understand one way or other but why not consisten between 2 MS Apps. ?