Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default delete windows

I've added too many worksheet windows - how do I delete them? There does not
appear to be any way to do this from the Windows menu. Thanks.
--Terry Whalen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Close all the windows with the 'x' button in the upper right until you have
one window left. Then save the workbook.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Terry" wrote in message
I've added too many worksheet windows - how do I delete them? There does
not
appear to be any way to do this from the Windows menu. Thanks.
--Terry Whalen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In an unwanted window, click in the blue X box at the top right-hand corner
to close the window [immediately below the red X box which closes Excel].
If you've saved it in that form, remember to save again before you close the
file, or else you'll find that again you've got multiple windows when you
reopen the file.
--
David Biddulph

"Terry" wrote in message
I've added too many worksheet windows - how do I delete them? There does
not
appear to be any way to do this from the Windows menu. Thanks.
--Terry Whalen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a window to close.
hit ctrl-w to close that window

Remember to save the workbook the way you like it.

Terry wrote:

I've added too many worksheet windows - how do I delete them? There does not
appear to be any way to do this from the Windows menu. Thanks.
--Terry Whalen

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So strange, I had done that and it didn't seem to work. What did work was to
go to Window menu and click 'Hide', which I never thought to click. After
hiding the unwanted windows, I then saved and closed, and this seemed to do
the trick. I don't at all doubt that your way would work also. Much thanks.

"Terry" wrote in message
I've added too many worksheet windows - how do I delete them? There does
not
appear to be any way to do this from the Windows menu. Thanks.
--Terry Whalen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But you still have those extra windows, just that they are out of view.

They could come back to haunt you in the future.

I think you should unhide them and close each out as instructed then Save.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP