Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Check box problem

I'm using a check box to return a value and that part works OK, but in the
cell that the box is in is showing the words True or False behind the box.
How do I get rid of this??

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Remove the cell link if you want.

If you need to keep the information, but don't want to see it, you could use a
cell link in a different cell (hidden or far away)

or
you could give that cell a custom format:
format|cells|Number tab|Custom category
;;;
(3 semi colons)

The value will still be there (visible in the formula bar) and you can use it
other formulas, but it'll look blank in the worksheet.

"bhrosey via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm using a check box to return a value and that part works OK, but in the
cell that the box is in is showing the words True or False behind the box.
How do I get rid of this??

Thanks for any help

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave Peterson wrote:
Remove the cell link if you want.

If you need to keep the information, but don't want to see it, you could use a
cell link in a different cell (hidden or far away)

or
you could give that cell a custom format:
format|cells|Number tab|Custom category
;;;
(3 semi colons)

The value will still be there (visible in the formula bar) and you can use it
other formulas, but it'll look blank in the worksheet.

Thanks, that helped a lot!!!

I'm using a check box to return a value and that part works OK, but in the
cell that the box is in is showing the words True or False behind the box.

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
Message posted via OfficeKB.com

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so
that whoever believes in Him shall not parish, but have eternal life"