Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Resolving a Name Coflict when trying to open an Excel file

How can I re-open an Excel file when the error message says "Name cannot be
the same as a built-in name" and it says that the old name is < Print_Name.
I don't have any file with that name.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In excel, you can name ranges (and other things). That means that you can refer
to that range by using its name instead of its address.

You can do this via Insert|Name|Define

But working with that name dialog can be frustrating.

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It's very friendly, easy to use and will help you find any problem you have with
names.

--

Dave Peterson