Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is Keyboard Shortcut in Spanish version of Excel?

I have a co-worker who uses a spanish version of Excel. What is the keyboard
shortcut to insert the Date.
English is Cntr + ;
This does not work in a spanish version.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, !

I have a co-worker who uses a spanish version of Excel.
What is the keyboard shortcut to insert the Date.
English is Cntr + ;
This does not work in a spanish version.

AFAIK the shortcut is the same: <ctrl + ;
maybe it depends on his/her kbd-layout
in spaish keyboards, semicolon is [usually] above comma

try w/ <ctrl <shift , [comma] abbreviated it will be <ctrl + ;

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Hector,

She is using an english keyboard, running a spanish version of excel 2007,
so I guess that there might be a problem with the keyboard. I will try a
different keyboard with her pc to see if this corrects the reason that <ctrl
+ ; does not work.

Dallas

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

hi, !

I have a co-worker who uses a spanish version of Excel.
What is the keyboard shortcut to insert the Date.
English is Cntr + ;
This does not work in a spanish version.

AFAIK the shortcut is the same: <ctrl + ;
maybe it depends on his/her kbd-layout
in spaish keyboards, semicolon is [usually] above comma

try w/ <ctrl <shift , [comma] abbreviated it will be <ctrl + ;

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

*New Update*
From trial and error, and reading into what Hector wrote, I tried <Ctrl + ,
(comma) and found this to work on her pc. This allowed us to input the
current date.

"daljaxon" wrote:

Thanks Hector,

She is using an english keyboard, running a spanish version of excel 2007,
so I guess that there might be a problem with the keyboard. I will try a
different keyboard with her pc to see if this corrects the reason that <ctrl
+ ; does not work.

Dallas

hi, !