Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spin Buttons are too Slow For Use

I've been trying to use spin buttons in a large workbook I've created but
I've found that they take too long to use. I'm currently using them to
increase or decrease a starting number by .005. Using the buttons in this
manners requires 3 or 4 linked cells. I think this is why the buttons are
running so slow but I'm not sure. Is there any way to get around this?
Otherwise, is there another button type that will fit my needs?

Thanks

Adam Bush
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 18, 1:45 pm,
m wrote:
I've been trying to use spin buttons in a large workbook I've created but
I've found that they take too long to use. I'm currently using them to
increase or decrease a starting number by .005. Using the buttons in this
manners requires 3 or 4 linked cells. I think this is why the buttons are
running so slow but I'm not sure. Is there any way to get around this?
Otherwise, is there another button type that will fit my needs?

Thanks

Adam Bush

Adam,

For this kind of thing, I usually use a couple of command buttons, Inc
(for Increment or Increase) and Dec (for Decrement or Decrease) and
assign macros to each according to my needs. As an example:

Sub GoUp
Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + .005
End Sub

Sub GoDown
Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value - .005
End Sub

Mark Lincoln

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mark,

Thanks for your help. I'll be sure to give it a try.

Thanks

Adam Bush