Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change 2.8.03 to 2/8/03?

I have a large Excel sheets with a list of dates. The problem is they are
listed with periods separating the components. Is there a quicker way to
convert them into the standard format with slashes than manually entering
them myself?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If they are real dates (test one by =yourcell*1 in another cell) then just
highlight the cells and change the format.
formatcellsdate

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Andrew" wrote in message
I have a large Excel sheets with a list of dates. The problem is they are
listed with periods separating the components. Is there a quicker way to
convert them into the standard format with slashes than manually entering
them myself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Andrew

One way
Mark the column of dates.
DataText to ColumnsNextNextselect DatesDMYFinish
(I am assuming UK format of day month year. If US format, then choose
MDY)
--
Regards

Roger Govier