Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Display Properties

I'm working with an employee who continually alters all aspects of the shared
file for her own viewability. She alters color, font, borders and size.
Then, all these things must be reset by other users later. Needless to say,
this is an inefficient use of everyone's time. She states she needs this to
be able to 'see.' So we're trying to accomodate.

She wants the color hot pink and the font tahoma 16 pt. bold with thick cell
borders. We've tried changing windows system display settings (and she
doesn't like the high contrast default settings, but we can modify those to
something that she likes), and that helps to change the color - but does not
affect how the spreadsheet's font, style or the borders are viewed.

We don't want the actual spreadsheet to change its properties at all - we
want her display to do it. Her Excel display should always display any file
(she's done this to some Word documents, too) she opens as hot pink color
(this we can do via Windows Display Properties, so that's okay), Tahoma 16 pt
Bold with thick borders.

We tried setting up Excel's custom views - doesn't work for this since it's
file-centric. Is there something I'm missing? Is there something we can do
so that no one needs to change the worksheet properties, and we just change
her program's (or even System's) display properties so that she always sees
spreadsheets how she wants to without affecting the file?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Her Excel display should always display any file (she's done this to some
Word documents, too)"

Oops - some clarification - I want Excel to display any spreadsheet (not
Word Doc), but I'd love it if we could also get Word settings the same since
she's altered Word docs, too.