Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to Display Date n-Workdays from a Certain Date

I am having trouble displaying a date 15 workdays from a specific
date. For example, if I have 6/1/2007 in cell A1, I would like to
display the date 15 working days from the date in A1. I can display
15 days from A1 but don't know how to get 15 working days from A1.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having trouble displaying a date 15 workdays from a specific
date. For example, if I have 6/1/2007 in cell A1, I would like to
display the date 15 working days from the date in A1. I can display
15 days from A1 but don't know how to get 15 working days from A1.

=WORKDAY(A1,15,<<holiday list if any)

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 13, 12:56 pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
I am having trouble displaying a date 15 workdays from a specific
date. For example, if I have 6/1/2007 in cell A1, I would like to
display the date 15 working days from the date in A1. I can display
15 days from A1 but don't know how to get 15 working days from A1.

=WORKDAY(A1,15,<<holiday list if any)

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

Rick

Thank you, that worked. Can you give me an example of a holiday list?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, that worked. Can you give me an example of a holiday list?

From the Help files for WORKDAY...

"....an optional list of one or more dates to exclude from the working
calendar, such as state and federal holidays and floating holidays.
The list can be either a range of cells that contain the dates or an
array constant (array: Used to build single formulas that produce
multiple results or that operate on a group of arguments that are
arranged in rows and columns. An array range shares a common
formula; an array constant is a group of constants used as an
argument.) of the serial numbers that represent the dates."

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 13, 1:23 pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
Thank you, that worked. Can you give me an example of a holiday list?

From the Help files for WORKDAY...

"....an optional list of one or more dates to exclude from the working
calendar, such as state and federal holidays and floating holidays.
The list can be either a range of cells that contain the dates or an
array constant (array: Used to build single formulas that produce
multiple results or that operate on a group of arguments that are
arranged in rows and columns. An array range shares a common
formula; an array constant is a group of constants used as an
argument.) of the serial numbers that represent the dates."

Rick

Thank you very much. You're help was invaluable. Cheers.