Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy paste formula error

Each month I copy a percentage column from one worksheet to the following
month and then check the cell references to be sure they are correct. One of
the cell references is an absolute value. However, starting last month when
I copy and paste this formula it only copies to the fiirst cell and then the
rest of the cells copy the "value" of that first cell. For example: the first
cell may paste as .77 or 77% but when I copy that formula to the remaining
column it pastes the .77 in every cell. I have checked the other cell
references and it references the correct cells but gives the wrong answer. I
have checked the paste special to be sure it's not just pasting value and it
is not. Any ideas why each cell will not figure the correct value for the
formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just came back to post my own answer. I have hunted and hunted and just
found the problem and was coming back to post that I had found the problem,
but you are exactly right. I went through every format screen, preference
screen, etc that I could find and thought that the manual check looked
incorrect so when I changed it to automatic it corrected my problem. Thanks
so much anyway for the reply!! Have a great day!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

It sounds like your calculation is set to Manual.

Try Tools Options Calculation and ensure Automatic is selected.

The calculation is taken from the first workbook opened in a session.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings