Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Copy paste formula error

It sounds like your calculation is set to Manual.

Try Tools Options Calculation and ensure Automatic is selected.

The calculation is taken from the first workbook opened in a session.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"rstovall" wrote in message
Each month I copy a percentage column from one worksheet to the following
month and then check the cell references to be sure they are correct. One
of
the cell references is an absolute value. However, starting last month
when
I copy and paste this formula it only copies to the fiirst cell and then
the
rest of the cells copy the "value" of that first cell. For example: the
first
cell may paste as .77 or 77% but when I copy that formula to the remaining
column it pastes the .77 in every cell. I have checked the other cell
references and it references the correct cells but gives the wrong answer.
have checked the paste special to be sure it's not just pasting value and
it
is not. Any ideas why each cell will not figure the correct value for the
formula?