Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting

I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire line green

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Line =- row? If so select ranges needed (click in the row headers and select
as many as you need), do format conditional formatting, select formula is

=$C1="In Progress"
click the format button,. select pattern and yellow, then click add and add
another condition, repeat but use "Overdue" and red patterns and repeat for
"Completed"

Then click OK

Peo Sjoblom

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire line
green

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use "Formula is", rather than "Cell value is", within conditional
formatting. If your active cell when you apply the formatting is in row 2,
use "Formula is" =$C2="Completed" noting the absolute addressing for the
column and relative addressing for the row.
--
David Biddulph

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire line
green

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to select the whole row before you apply it, if you click on the
row header to the left you will select the entire row, then you can just
hold down the mouse button and select downwards for multiple rows

Peo Sjoblom

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a
spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire
line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire
line
green

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have changed how we are doing this, per "the boss". We now have a separate
column for "Status". Now, I need the formula to say:

If this cell in the G column reads Completed, make the entire line green;
If this cell in the G column reads Overdue, make the entire line red;
If this cell in the G column reads In Progress, make the entire line yellow;

I know roughly how to do it but I am having trouble getting the entire line
to change color based on what is in the G cell in each line.

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire line
green

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A few weeks later now and I have to modify this conditional formatting and I
can't understand how I did it. What cell do I have to be sitting on in order
to modify this formattin? Or do I have to select all the lines?

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a
spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire
line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire
line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire
line
green

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I should say that I am trying to add another "clause"of formatting but the
"add" is greyed out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got this to work, but why is ADD greyed out after only three conditional
statements?