Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

You need to select the whole row before you apply it, if you click on the
row header to the left you will select the entire row, then you can just
hold down the mouse button and select downwards for multiple rows

Peo Sjoblom

"oceanmist" wrote in message
Thank you. I understand this but can't get the entire row to turn color.
Where can I see the relative addressing for the row?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Use "Formula is", rather than "Cell value is", within conditional
formatting. If your active cell when you apply the formatting is in row
2,
use "Formula is" =$C2="Completed" noting the absolute addressing for the
column and relative addressing for the row.
--
David Biddulph

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a
spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire
line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire
line
green

Many thanks.